Tuesday, 8 May 2012
Monday, 2 April 2012
After an interview process, we are very pleased to announce a new trustee.
From Johan Bergström-Allen: “As Chair of Living by Giving I’m delighted to welcome Ali Bergström-Allen to our board of trustees. Since she happens to be my little sister I’m more used to teasing than praising Ali, but my fellow trustees and I are very confident that she will bring great skills to the role, as well as a sparkling personality and commitment to making the world a better place. We’re so glad that she’ll be joining our team, and her experience in business, management, IT and artistic production will greatly enhance our work. Thank you for sharing your time and dedication with us Ali, and welcome!”
We all welcome Ali to the board of trustees.
Ali said: “Hello Everyone! I have followed the wonderful work that the Living by Giving Trust has done so far, and I am incredibly honoured to be part of such a great team! I know that I am a very fortunate person, and am hugely grateful for everything that I have in my life. The Living By Giving Trust stands for everything I believe in...that everyone deserves a good quality of life and that 'those who have must help those who have not'. I've had experience with volunteer work, both for charities and for events, and I hope to bring some of my experience to the group. Really looking forward to the year ahead!!”
Ali started her role from April 2012.
Tuesday, 6 December 2011
Monday, 14 November 2011
After a successful first year, the Living by Giving Trust is looking to appoint two
new trustees who will help us develop our projects yet further. We invite applications
from people who are...
- enthusiastic about the contribution that charities make to society
- able to demonstrate their commitment to voluntary work
- supportive of our aims to improve the condition of people’s lives, as described in our Trust Deed and on our website (www.livingbygivingtrust.com)
- willing to work as part of a team of Trustees, which meets about four times a year, normally in London
- able to add skills to our Board, such as fundraising, publicity, outreach, administration, etc
To apply please send a letter of introduction by Friday 25 November 2011 to Matt Betts by emailing: email@example.com. For further information, please contact our chairman, Johan Bergström-Allen, by emailing:firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be invited to interview in central London on the evening of Friday 2 December 2011.
Wednesday, 26 October 2011
- Read our newsletter here
Monday, 24 October 2011
Thank you to all our supporters who came along to our First Birthday Party on Saturday 22 October 2011 and to all those who donated towards our event.
We have many people to thank, but we would like to publicly thank the following people for their help in making the event a success:
Firstly, we would like to thank our fundraising committee, for helping the trustees with organisation and for being heavily involved on the night: Anna Ball, Terri Betts, Jane Cadogan, Pippa Hembry, Andrew Loynd, Patrick Noble and Alex Turvey – thank you all for your incredible efforts.
A big thank you also goes to the following people (in no particular order):
- Philomena and Mary for preparing all the wonderful food, and to Jane for your invaluable help in the kitchen all night
- Christophe and Lina for helping behind the bar
- The Bikini Beach Band
- Paul and Tony – our brilliant DJ’s
- Pauline – for cake, sausage rolls, and babysitting
- John for various logistics and bringing us all the drinks
- Claudine – for driving Steve to collect things
- Duncan & Chloe for providing the PA system
- Errol Bracken for his speech (and dancing)
- Neil and Sophie for the lights
- Janet for her generosity
- Bluepepper Design
- All those who donated a prize to our raffle
- Gibbs Hartley Cooper for their generosity
- The Arundell family
- The CA
- The British Province of Carmelites
- Walworth Parish, but especially Kevin and Francis
- All the Lourdites!
- Kerry Betts and The Happy Tea Company
- www.costumes4ushop.co.uk for loaning various props
- The amazing staff at the St Bride Foundation
- All the trustees! Dail, Matt, Johan, Sadie and Stephen
If you would still like to donate to us, please visit here, and thank you!
The Living by Giving Trust